What We Do
Wheelchair Sports NSW provides a range of Programs and Services to encourage participation in sport for people living with disabilities.
Programs are specifically designed to cater for people with disabilities ranging from spinal cord injury, spina bifida, amputation, paraplegia and quadriplegia as well as long term injuries.
Our work is designed in line with our Athlete Development Journey:
AWARE – TRY – PLAY – EXCEL
- Para Sport Directory – A comprehensive list of Para Sports in NSW
- Come ‘n’ Try Clinics – multi-sport trial opportunities across NSW for people to try a new Para-sport or develop their skills in an existing Para-sport.
- Sports Camps – multi-sport camps introducing new Para-sports to people across NSW
- Coaching & Sport Sessions – specialised coaching clinics and weekly sport sessions, for developing and novice athletes
- Member Grants – financial assistance to members for sports related expenses including equipment, coaching, uniforms, court hire, and travel for competitions.
- Equipment Loan Program – a fleet of Para-sport equipment including a range of wheelchairs for loan to WS NSW members to enable participation.
- Competitions & Tournaments – WS NSW hosts a series of international, national and local sport competitions and tournaments in NSW in various sports each year, as well as providing subsidised access for members to attend other events interstate/internationally.